- Sparkcon starts this weekend with “Geek Expo of Maker and Digital Arts” back at the Redhat Annex on Saturday from 11am to 5pm. And this just in. Adam and Dan will be there with this stuff:
- Raleigh Mini MakerFaire is September 23rd. Splatspace will have a learn to solder booth and other things to share. TriEmbed is passing this year but multiple folks will be attending with handouts.
- Problem of the Month
- Paul presented his “counting pushups” problem and gathered ideas submitted by the attendees
- Details of past problem solving sessions are available via the “Problem of the Month” main menu above. Or here.
- Home Automation Presentation
- What can we say? Ben stunned much of his audience, especially during the Q&A.
- Paul gave an update about his power over ethernet development project and his ongoing wrestling match with 802.3AF.
- Alex presented his “leg movement logging via accelerometer using European Data Format” project using a Teensy USB and open source tools and custom Python code. He gave everyone a great accounting of a typical development project based off open source starting points and got the final results he was after.
- (No notes were taken: if you contributed something please drop a line on the email list so this can be back-filled!)
- General discussion and final questions
“I am Ben Goldberg, a 5th grader in Durham. I am proficient at programming in Arduino and Python and playing Pokemon GO. 😉
Come to the meeting and learn how to make a smart light that integrates with Apple HomeKit. This presentation, another Problem of the Month, and the usual discussions and show and tell are all in store. Meeting details