The problem this month is to sort various colored marbles. I was looking for classification methods as well as mechanical methods for handling marbles.
- Shine R, G, B light from LED on marble and measure reflected light using a photo resistor (or photo diode or transistor).
- OpenCV on Raspberry Pi w/ camera
- Measure capacitance difference (is there any?)
- Head absorption difference (perhaps flash the marble with xenon strobe light)
- Diameter difference (order different colors from different manufacturers).
- other offbeat methods like drone with camera, waiting for evolution to do something.
- Solenoid to push one color off track
- Puff of air to push one color off the track
- Servo w/ arm to push marble in one (or two) directions